Simone Wide-Leg Emoji Pants

 


One of my very best friends stated she wasn't wearing pants while working from home. She said it enough that it became sort of a meme in our friend group. She also doesn't really wear pants in the summer anyway - she's like me, and wears skirts or dresses. It's hot and air circulation around your legs is lovely. Anyway, it became a running joke.

Enough that I decided to make her a pair of pants for Christmas. Said friend group has a private discord channel to talk and another one of our friends made custom emojis for, which I then turned into a poly crepe de chine on Spoonflower. I really like the drape of the fabric - I only wish that spoonflower had a non-polyester option.

I chose the Jalie Simone Wide Leg pants because they're a very loose and casual fitting pattern - which is great when you're making pants for someone as a gift and you can't put them on said person to fit them. The back waist is elasticized and it has a lovely tie detail in the front.

To figure out what size was needed, I, sneaky person that I am, sent my friend a "how to measure yourself" guide and asked for measurements, refused to answer questions as to why.

I did have to shorten the pattern, which was fairly easy. I appreciate how the pattern was drafted, and the ease of the instructions. The pockets are large and generous, and lay flat. They sewed in very well.


My friend was very amused by the fact that I made her pants, loved the fabric I made, and she now wears them all the time!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elodie Dress with a Ogden Cami Slip

Newcastle Cardigan for my Brother In Law

Myosotis A & B