Quilt Round Up

 A retrospective of quilts made by yours truly.

 

The first quilt I ever made was for a baby who was born very, very, early. He would up in the NICU for several months, and I was able to finish it before he went home with his very relieved parents.


I also like to go big or go home so I both pieced the quilt and sewed it myself on my little singer.

The second quilt I finished I designed the pattern myself, and was for my cousin's first baby.  I quilted this one by stitching in the ditch.



I also made him a little dog out of the scraps, and finished him on the train to the baby shower!


Another baby quilt made for the first daughter for a friend. This one sewed up very easily. It's the Cozy Throw Quilt from craftsy. 


I made a graduation from highschool quilt for a teen I was very close with using Lee Heinrich's Greek Key Quilt
   

I made it queen sized, and quilted it all myself. Apologies for the photos - I didn't get very good ones before gifting it.

I found the absolute perfect fabric - Sharon Holland's Coastline for Art Gallery Fabrics - to make a quilt for my college roomate, and it turned out lovely. The Pattern was teh Chalk and Paint Quilt Pattern from Issue Thirty Five of Love, Patchwork and Quilted.


 
 

Kudos to mom for helping me hang my quilt for photos. 



In 2019 I decided to learn how to use a longarm, so I made a quilt out of the scraps of the above quilt for my Dad.

 


Longarm quilting is so much easier than using my little singer was.

I made the Range Quilt by Modern Handcraft for my sister, and also rented a longarm from The Quilter's Studio for this quilt. She really likes the quilt.

 
(before binding)


My mother really liked the cozy throw quilt I made for my friend's baby, and even when given the choice of another pattern, wanted that one. So Cozy Throw for mom it was!






The last quilt I made that is actually finished was the Cat Walk quilt using the Oh Meow! Fabric collection by Jessica Swift for Art Gallery for a friend of mine who loves cats. It turned out perfect. I quilted it myself doing a straight line quilting. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elodie Dress with a Ogden Cami Slip

Centaurée Dress

Newcastle Cardigan for my Brother In Law