The Child Chai Tee for Christmas



 I have a friend who loves Baby Yoda. I mean, I do too, he's adorable, but she really loves him. Enough that when a mutual friend of ours was at Joann's and discovered this sweet baby yoda knit fabric (he's napping and it says "power nap" I cannot with this), she called me thinking of this friend.

We then conspired to make her this shirt with the fabric. We bought the fabric first, (or rather, the friend did, then gave it to me) and then stumbled upon the Chai Tee (the pattern name still makes me giggle) from Liesl + Co. 

I then sent a "how to measure yourself" guide and asked for measurements "for no reason whatsoever" to my friend. I know, I'm sneaky. And subtle. 

Then I waited. And waited some more. And then wound up sending her a tape measure because she'd lost hers and I wanted to make the pattern before new years. Patience is not my strong suit when I'm excited about something.

Measurements in hand, I cut out the corresponding size. It's always nerve racking doing a make for someone else - luckily knit is fairly forgiving. Yay stretchy fabric!

I love this pattern. It sews up relatively quickly, and the little pleats at the yoke are darling. Liesl + Co even have a little sew along to help you figure out how to do the burrito method of sewing on the yokes. 

Needless to say, the shirt was a HUGE hit as a Christmas gift for my friend. I wish I had more photos but I was more excited about wrapping it and driving over to her place to give it to her to have the patience to take good photos.

Now I just need to make one or two for me next!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elodie Dress with a Ogden Cami Slip

Newcastle Cardigan for my Brother In Law

Myosotis A & B