A Reylo Rosie

 Last fall, the lovely Afterblossom allowed me to use her chibi Star Wars Kylo Ren and Rey with BB8 design to print fabric at Spoonflower. I ordered yardage of the organic cotton sateen.

I was originally planning on doing a Gertie full circle skirt dress, but felt that the lovely neckline of Sew Over It's Rosie Dress would lend itself to the pattern more.

Sew Over It drafts their patterns with a B/C cup in mind, so I had to do a small bust adjustment, and made a mockup of the bodice. The SBA was fairly straightforward, and I was able to adjust it easily.



As the bodice is fully lined, the finial mockup became my bodice lining!

The only other adjustment I made was to add pockets. The Rosie doesn't come drafted with any, and with such a full skirt, it doesn't ruin any lines. I used the pattern from the Deer and Doe Myosotis for the pockets.

I think I was slightly manic in attempting to get this one finished before hoping on a flight to travel for work - I didn't quite manage it. I was hand stitching the bottom of the lining of the bodice on the plane, but it was done by the time I landed.


It turned out well. If I were to make it again, I would secure the boning in the bodice more. The pattern only has it secured at the tops and bottoms, and they tend to shift on my frame and drive me a little batty as I adjust them when I first put the dress on. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elodie Dress with a Ogden Cami Slip

Centaurée Dress

Newcastle Cardigan for my Brother In Law